Feminist Propaganda Awards

December 29

An article claims to list “the worst, most insulting, and simply bizarre quotes about women” of 2011. A good example in how many misleading feminist messages it is possible to fit in a single piece of writing.

Here are some awards to celebrate propaganda gone wrong:

The most lunatic

Stieg Larsson ended sexism“. Say what? It’s not possible to “end sexism”. What’s more, sexism is likely as or more common with women as men. The confusion about it comes from the fact that women are more likely to complain than men. Quick test: How many people do you know who think people should behave in a certain way because of their gender? How many of those are women? Likely more than half.

The most discriminating

“[W]ithin a paragraph or two I know whether it is by a woman or not. … when she became a writer, lo and behold, it was all this feminine tosh.” Maybe the person really started to write feminine nonsense? Many people enjoy reading such novels. Why is the author of the article in such a hurry to discriminate against what this man said that it’s too much to ask for a quote in a context?

The most hypocritical

A man criticizes Hillary Clinton’s fashion sense. All people, not just public figures, are prone to be commented on about their appearance. Both men and women by both men and women. The author of the article seems to be on a feminist mission to make it look like men criticize women unrightly. In reality commenting on dressups is a typical female pastime.

The most removed from context

A woman “registered discomfort at being propositioned by a stranger at 4 a.m. in an elevator”. A man later told her to “stop whining”. What exactly happened in the elevator? Did she overreact? Without context the whole story is useless at best and misleading at worst to the reader.

The most sexual

A doctor on a study that suggested semen has a possible anti-depressive effect: “So there’s a deeper bond between men and women than St. Valentine would have suspected, and now we know there’s a better gift for that day than chocolates.” How is this not funny?

The most in need of actual facts

Scott Adams, author of the Dilbert comic: “And you don’t argue when a women tells you she’s only making 80 cents to your dollar. … You save your energy for more important battles.” Apparently he’s known for a while that the feminist media tries to hide the fact that women earn the same as men.

The most debatable

A corporate leader prefers to hire men because women “would most likely get pregnant and leave”. A tricky issue with two things to keep in mind: Women spend a bigger portion of their working life on maternity leave than men do on faternity leave. However, some women are not as family-centric as others and shouldn’t be excluded from top-level jobs because of their gender. We all make sacrifices and while our gender dictates likelihoods of preferences, the final choice is in the hands of the individual.

The funniest

“When asked if they would like to have sex with me, 30% of women said, ‘Yes’, while the other 70% replied, ‘What, again?’” Silvio Berlusconi, in response to allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct.


Posted by on 29.12.2011 in sex and society

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *